We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of information provided by all users of our website. We ask that you please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we, as data controller of your personal data, will use it.
What data do we collect?
When you subscribe to our newsletter or make a purchase on www.starlightbeds.co.uk (the “website”) we will ask for some information, not limited to, but including your name, email address, phone number and shipping and billing addresses, including your postcode. We also have a record of your password and IP address. If you make a purchase, you will also be asked to provide payment information; this is to be collected by a third party payment gateway (Shopify Payments) and we do not see this. We may also ask you sometimes to provide personal details as well as opinions on customer service in customer research surveys.
What data do we collect when you are using our website?
As you use the website, we collect data about your activity on the website. This includes things like:
- How you interact with the website
- Purchases you make on the website
- Other information such as which website referred you to us
Data we collect from other places
We may receive information about you from third party sources, such as data aggregators and from third parties to whom you have given permission to share your information or from whom you have given us permission to request your information. For instance, by registering for the website using Facebook or another social network, you grant permission to that network to share your details. Depending on the network rules and your settings on it, this may include data such as your date of birth, your marital status, the number of people in your household and other information.
Data of a sensitive nature
How do we use the data we collect?
We use the personal data we collect to provide the website, the goods on the website and services related to them, to customise and improve your experience with Starlight Beds, to make your experience as enjoyable and efficient as possible and for commercial purposes.
There is certain information that is required in order for the Site to operate.
Here are some specific examples of information used:
- Your email address and password allows us to recognise you when you return so that we can provide you with a faster service and a personal user account.
- Your address allows us to verify we can deliver to you – and also to tell us where to deliver!
- We use your IP address to prevent any spam, fraud or abuse of our site.
- We use your login data to allow you to place an order.
- To facilitate your using the Site, we may (or your browser may) pre-populate certain fields in the registration forms. If we do so, it will be for fields for which we already hold your information, such as your name and email address. You always have the opportunity to delete any fields that we pre-populate.
- When you place an order on the Site we will ask you for your full name, your telephone number and shipping and billing addresses (among other things). On subsequent purchases, we may pre-populate these fields for you with the information previously provided. You always have the opportunity to amend any fields that we pre-populate at the point of purchase.
- We use information collected by us on transactions you have completed order to monitor service quality levels and to provide service and support to Starlight Beds users in general and for individual sales.
Use of data to improve online experience
We want your shopping experience with us to be as enjoyable as possible. We will collect the data about your shopping activities and preferences to customise your account (in addition to how you customise it yourself) and to enable us to provide an efficient and user-friendly service.
We will also use it to improve the quality of the website.
Here are some specific examples of how we use your data:
- We keep details of purchases from us, and we may make this information available to you via for your review and record-keeping purposes.
- We may keep a record of certain of your preferences, so you don’t need to reset these preferences every time you start shopping.
- We keep a record of your login details to make it faster for you to place orders in the future so that you do not continually have to re-enter such details.
- Paying attention to how you use the Site helps us to develop improvements to the Site and the goods and service we offer.
- If you have been referred to us by a third-party website, we may keep a record of the website that referred you so that we may work out which websites refer more or less users to our Site. We may also have referral arrangements with certain third-party websites and referrers and we may use this data to fulfil obligations that we may have to these third-party websites or referrers.
- We collect and track individual and aggregate information about shopping habits, products and service preferences and selections which users have made and the like. We use this information for the personalisation or general improvement of the goods and service we offer, but also for the purpose of business research. You can see more about aggregate information below.
- We collect and track individual and aggregate connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform; other software and hardware information and the like. We use this information to understand how and when our users access our online services, and so we can further develop our Site and goods and services to suit.
Data for Commercial Purposes
We may earn revenues (which allows us to keep the Site online and our prices for our goods low!) through sources including advertising sales, including online behavioural advertising, including personalised retargeting advertising, and through the sale of business intelligence data.
Here is how your information is used for this:
- We may share information with certain carefully selected third party partners so that they can:
- present you with advertisements and promotional offers that are relevant to you and your interests or, alternatively;
- to present you with advertisements on Starlight Beds based on your activity on other websites. For example, you may see ads for products you viewed on another website while browsing Starlight Beds.
- For more information on data sharing, please see the “Data Sharing” section.
We collect and may display or use for the purposes of marketing and advertising the website, our goods, our services or ourselves, any testimonials or reviews you provide us with about the website, our products or our services or ourselves – and we may append to the testimonial or review your first name (and / or your surname) and general geographic location (e.g. city or locale).
Use of Your Email Address
We use your email address to communicate with you. We will send you both transactional and service message emails so we can communicate with you about Site updates or your activity on the website. For instance, we may send you emails:
- Notifying you of your registration details
- after you have made a purchase, to confirm the order and update you on the status of the order and its delivery
- to remind you of items you have abandoned in your cart
- to send you information which you have asked for
- for market research, ratings or reviews purposes, which may or may not be sent via an independent market research company on our behalf
- to contact you about the status of ratings or reviews you have submitted.
Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or users, from which individual user identities have been removed and from which it is not possible to work out individual customer identities. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but all such information will be anonymised and no identifying information will be included in the resulting data.
Aggregate data helps us to understand trends and customer needs so that new products and services can be considered and so that existing products and services can be tailored to customer desires. We use and disclose anonymised aggregate information to provide other products and services, as well for the purposes of evaluating and improving our existing products and services. We may also sell such aggregate information through business channels.
Anyone wishing to complete a purchase via credit card on the website must provide credit card information. We receive secure credit card acceptance and vaulting services from third party payment processors. We neither receive nor store any credit card details ourselves. Your payment details are received only by the third-party payment processor and are not shared with any third parties. The third-party payment processors will store your credit card details for use by you in future transactions.
Currently, Starlight Beds uses Shopify payments for all online transactions.
All of the information we collect about you is stored on our secure servers and will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. For example, we use secure encryption to hold passwords (e.g. the password allocated as part of the registration process – which may later be changed).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Sharing of Data
- At times we work with other companies who help us to provide the website to you or provide other support services pertaining to the operation of the Site and to the supply of products or services to you. These companies receive only the personal information required in order to provide services, and are not allowed to use that information for anything aside from providing the services.
Corporate and Statutory Purposes
- We may transfer our databases containing your personal information if we sell our business or part of it and engage in another similar corporate transaction.
- We will share personal information where we are required to share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Third Party Partnerships
We may share your personal information with other third parties with whom we have a third-party partnership. However, if we do so, we will always list here who they are, what information they have and what they do with it.
If you would like to learn more about behavioural advertising, please visit (http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/).
If you wish to manage your other online behavioural advertising choices, you may do so athttp://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
Obtaining Your Data
You can request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please note that we will need to see proof of identity before processing your request and that there may be an administrative fee (not exceeding the maximum permitted by law) for this. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct them promptly. Please direct your inquiries to: email@example.com
Data Protection Request Starlight Beds, Unit 4, Royds Mills, Leeds Road, Ossett, WF5 9YA United Kingdom.